Thursday, February 2, 2012

Updated Appearances... and Kid B Discusses Life with the Guy Upstairs

Hey y'all! 

A couple of notes:

1. I will be signing books at the Authorpalooza event at the Sandy Barnes&Noble this Saturday from 1-3 pm. So, if you didn't get a chance to get your copy of EVERNEATH signed, here's your opportunity! 

2. I will be on several panels at the upcoming LTUE Conference. If you are a writer, or other creative type, there really isn't a better value than this conference, because it's only $30, and it lasts for three days! 

The conference takes place Feb 9-11 at the UVU campus in Orem. 

3. I know today is Thursday, and I usually blog on Wednesday. And the last blog was Tuesday, and I usually blog on Monday. 

The reason for this is simple: There is a crack in the universe that has been following me around ever since I was a little girl, and sometimes it shifts my life one day to the right. 

Or... that might've been an episode of Dr. Who. And the real (and boring) reason is... I'm swamped. I have a deadline on Monday. And this is the first time I've been revising while simultaneously trying to launch a book. I'm flailing a little bit. 

Today, I thought it would be fun to share with you some of the things Kid B has been praying about lately. Many of you know Kid B has some delays, especially when it comes to language. But at night, he has been saying his own prayers. 
Kid C and Kid B

The prayers always start out with: 

"Heavenly father, thank you for this day."

And in the past week, that sentence has been followed by:

"... The babies are sleeping... so please be quiet..." (Yes, Heavenly Father, please keep it down)

"... I play Cut the Rope... Experience... I went next level..." (The big man will be so impressed)

"... I go to school today... Tuesday... January... 31st... two thousand twelve..." (because it's good to be specific)

"... please bless me to talk..." (I used to say this when I said the prayers)
"... Is it time for snack? Yes, you can have snack. I can have a snack? Yes! ..." (Sometimes he practices conversations he's heard that day)

I just imagine the guy on the receiving end of that prayer. I like to think he sets aside whatever amazing thing he is creating, sits back, and has a good chuckle.

13 comments:

  1. You mean like this crack? http://www.qubmoviez.com/images/cache/screen_image_96620.jpg

    If I were the big Guy upstairs, I know I would sit back and have a good chuckle and just want to hug Kid B and never let him go.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, that is the sweetest thing. I can tell Kid B and the guy upstairs have a special friendship.

    I never know what day it is either. When you said it was Thursday, I was totally surprised.

    Looking forward to ltue!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is the cutest thing! Good luck on deadlines. And all that jazz. Hope your book signing is awesome. I've told all my friends (and hopefully my mom and sister will stop by) but I'll be out of town or else I'd be there at the bookstore directing people your way. :)
    Everyday in my 4 y/o sons prayers he says, "please bless we dont go out in the road and get squished by cars. please bless we dont play in the road so we dont die." I dont think my husband or I bring up that subject alot (roads or dieing) but its in every single prayer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Brodi,

    It's Angie Taylor here. I went to Jr. and High school with you, but you would know be as Angie Anderegg, Jake Anderegg's little sister. Just wanted to give you my congratulations on your debut novel. I just finished it, and loved it. I posted a review on goodreads, and I have talked a lot about it with my friends here in Virginia, so hopefully that will help get the word out in my neck of the woods.
    Loved the sharing on Kid B's prayers. They sound more genuine than mine. Good luck with all your wife/mother/writer everyday madness! -Angie Taylor

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Angie! So happy you liked the book. Thanks so much for talking it up!!

      Great to hear from you. :)

      Delete
  5. I was wondering if you were switching to a Tuesday/Thursday post schedule. It would be hard to lose a third of my Brodi-doses for the week, but I guess EVERNEATHIER is worth it. :)

    See you at LTUE!

    ReplyDelete
  6. CONGRATS on Everneath!!! Its a great book and I know its going to be a success!

    ReplyDelete
  7. i love that....i'm going to start asking for snacks in my nighttime prayers! kid b is certainly on to something!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. awww. How sweet! I wish my prayers were more like that. My son (who's almost 7) took his sweet time talking. Even now, when he tells me something, I'm amazed at the things that come out of that little mind. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy editing on Everneathier. Do you have a release date yet? No pressure.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think the Big Guy would be grinning with utter joy. I am. =]

    ReplyDelete
  11. Right here is the perfect web site for everyone who hopes to find out about this topic.
    You understand a whole lot its almost tough to argue with you (not
    that I actually would want to…HaHa). You certainly put a fresh spin on a subject that's been discussed for decades. Wonderful stuff, just great!
    Look into my site :: free iphone 5

    ReplyDelete