1. I forgot to post the sneak peek teaser quote on EVERNEATH's facebook page.
I am sorry. Thursdays are hard for me, because they are the only other day of the week that starts with the same letter as another day of the week, and so sometimes when it's Thursday, I wonder if it's really Tuesday...
Never mind. I just suck. It's up now if you want to check it out. (It's time to meet Nikki's best friend Jules)
2. Kid C said his prayers last night.
He prayed that, "Grandpa will feel better, Japan will be able to clean itself up, and that the world will have no more wars... because I really hate wars... and that the world will have a great day."
So, Japan, if you're listening, try to clean yourself up a bit.
|Kid C. He's a pirate. With a stick. Doing Yoga.|
3. For those of you new to the blog, you may not know I have an intense fear of "Plants that grow fast".
One day, a vine grew through my wall... through my wall.... and I thought I was gonna die.
Yesterday I walked out to my backyard and discovered weeds that were taller than me. Okay, I'm exaggerating... its smallness.
It was as tall as Sam.
|I don't know why he's looking forlornly off in the distance.|
This says a couple of very disturbing things about me:
1. I am lazy.
2. I let an egregious amount of time pass between visits to my backyard.
So I did something I never do: I weeded. With a shovel.
First dig of the day, I dug up a sprinkler line. It was a stubborn line too. I had to put the full force of my weight on the shovel before it came loose. I looked left, then right, and then - confident Sam didn't see me - nonchalantly shoved it back in place.
And that, my friends, is why I don't weed.
4. For Mother's Day, Sam bought me an iPad.
For Father's Day, I bought Sam a University of Utah t-shirt.
Best. Wife. Ever. Am I right?
High fives! Who's with me? *waits patiently*
*waits some more*
... Self Five!
5. The other day, I personalized an ARC of EVERNEATH for the winner of the contest (Lesli Lytle).
I wrote in cursive, and apparently it's not like riding a bike, because I messed up quite a few times. And I had to subsequently scribble out a few mistakes.
Even on my Betsy Ross, I still flubbed up on the "o".
So, I will not be trying cursive in the future. And I'd love to have a tag line I can use for the signings. Here are some I'm considering:
1. Enjoy reading! Try not to end up in the Underworld!
2. Remember, there is no such thing as redemption, and there are no heroes!
3. Even if you're getting the life-force sucked out of you, try to see the cup as half full!
4. Remember, it's never too late! But sometimes it is.
I don't know. Which one gets your vote? If any of you have read the book, feel free to help a girl out.
*added: I forgot to mention this great "mini-review" of EVERNEATH.