Monday, November 14, 2011

My Three Favorite Sentences from the #3ARCs contest! And my scenario for one of them...

I had my nieces choose the winners of the #3arcs contest. Since I knew some of the contestants (either personally or through the interwebz), I didn't want my biases to influence any decisions. 

Here are their favorite tweets using the words SLIDE, GLIMMER and EVER. 

1. from @ashliepants

SLIDE secrets to ears that can't EVER tell, just because the moon GLIMMERS doesn't mean all is well...

2. from @LisaAldin

As I SLIDE my blood-crusted hands from the cuffs, a GLIMMER of light appears under the door, and I wonder if this game will EVER end. 

3. from @woven_

As she let the coin SLIDE from her palm into the GLIMMERing fountain, she knew she wanted this with to come true more than EVER.

I think my nieces did a fantastic job picking the winners. You should've seen them last night poring over the entries. They took their task very seriously.

WINNERS: Please email me your mailing addresses! brodiashton at gmail dot com 

You will receive a 3-ARC prize pack of SLIDE, GLIMMER and EVERNEATH! 

It's hard to imagine a time when anyone would utter those sentences, so I came up with my own scenarios.

For #1:

A man stands by a pond that reflects the moonlight, thinking the toil of his life. Two years ago, a witch cast a spell upon the man, cursing him to speak only in cryptic rhymes. 

A beautiful woman approaches. She has been searching for the man her entire life. "Please, tell me what I need to do to break the curse. Please!"

The man replies, "SLIDE secrets to ears that can't EVER tell, just because the moon GLIMMERS doesn't mean all is well..."

The woman grunts in frustration. 

I'll let you come up with scenarios for the other two. Please feel free to share! 

So... how's everyone doing? I'm armpit deep in revisions, with only my blog readers to tell me whether it's sunny or snowy outside. So tell me.

12 comments:

  1. Wow. That's great. I'm terrible at that kind of thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats to those winners! Your nieces did a good job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! That really made my day. I'll be sending an email soon. Thank you!!

    I love those other sentences. Congrats to them too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Drat! I so totally meant to play! Well, I would have, anyway, if I could have come up with something amazing. Le sigh.

    Congrats to the winners!

    ReplyDelete
  5. donna- me too! I'm really bad at being concise. That's why I'm bad at twitter.

    Fiona- I'm lucky to have them. I put them to work a lot.

    Shelly- :)

    A.J.- Congrats! Very excited for you.

    Robin- I'm just glad I didn't have to come up with anything.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay Brodi! Your nieces are AWESOME! It was a lot of fun! Congrats to the other winners! I knew I'd get an Everneath ARC somehow! Thanks again, I'll send you my address now!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's 3 days to breaking dawn outside.. Oh wait I don't know either since all I do is build gift packages and fold shirts and get ready for breaking dawn:) hope revisions are going well!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ashlie- Congrats on crafting a sentence that rhymed! Not an easy feat.

    Andrea- BREAKING DAWN! BREAKING DAWN! What's this you say about revisions? BREAKING DAWN!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those are great sentences. Your nieces picked well. :) I also loved your scenario that you came up with for pick number one.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations to all the winners! I recognize my sentence...but I'm @LisaAldin...=)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Jenni- Thanks! How come no one is coming up with their own scenarios?

    Lisa- Sorry! I'm a dork. I will change it. Email me. :)

    ReplyDelete