Friday, November 4, 2011

She is gone and I am here

So, Brodi is gone.  Headed down to Las Vegas.  Without me.  Brodi is headed down to the Las Vegas to be a part of the Vegas Valley Book Festival (website is here).  If you have nothing to do and you want to drive to Vegas, you can see such fabulous YA authors such as Bree Despain, Emily Wing Smith, Lisa Shroeder, Becca Fitzpatrick, James Dashner, Lindsey Leavitt, Stephanie Perkins and many, many others.  It should be awesome.  Brodi is hosting the Paranormal Ball where she will be dressing up as Buffy the Vampire Slayer.  Actually, she won't, but that would have been cool.

So I know that you are all asking, 'What will Sam do this weekend?'  Let me tell you!  I have big plans for today.  I will work, pick up kids from school and then probably clean the house.  Tonight, I just may do laundry.  But I may save that for tomorrow to bring some excitement to my Saturday.  Tomorrow, I will also be doing a bunch of little projects around the house.  Watching some football games.  Probably have a dance contest in my house (you are all invited!!) later in the afternoon.  I will probably have to re-clean on Sunday.  Twice.

So party on!  Brodi wins and I win.  Hope you all have a rockin' weekend.  If you decide to come to my dance party, please bring gifts and food.  We can't survive on Top Ramen alone for the entire  weekend.  If you have any ideas on some awesome things for me to do this weekend, let me know.  If you have any awesome plans for your weekend, feel free to rub it in and let me know as well. 

11 comments:

  1. Hehe, Sam, you crack me up. Although with the dance party and the football games, your weekend doesn't sound half bad. I mean, it's no fancy-schmancy Paranormal Ball...but you can dress up as Buffy for your dance party if you want to. :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know, tomorrow is Guy Fawkes Night in Britain, sometimes called Bonfire Night, so add a big bonfire and British food and I'm there! On second thought, scratch the British food and just go with the bonfire. I'm sure Brodi would appreciate coming home to the ashes. Maybe you can could convince her you staked a bunch of vampires in the yard or something.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As long as it's a Dance Dance Revolution dance party, I'm there! Except I really won't be because I'm sick and I don't think you want my germs. That would definitely add some excitement to your weekend and probably the next week. So, on second thought....

    ReplyDelete
  4. JR - Good suggestion on dressing up as Buffy. I could totally pull it off.

    Jenilyn - Guy Fawkes Night? It can't get much better than that. I will celebrate with nonBritish food.

    Jenni - Boo being sick. Dance Dance Revolution has no new dance moves to teach me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like you have better plans than me. I will be typing, NaNoWriMoing. Knuckling my eyes to stay up until the wee hours of the morning hoping my sentences make sense. Did that sentence I just typed make sense? Uh oh...I think the NaNo affects are kicking in.

    Enjoy the dance party. Get in two extra dances for my two left feet please. Just shout "This one is for the willy nilly typer Angela B." I won't hear it, but I'll have fun vicariously through that moment. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. If there's snow tonight you could take the kids and head up to Alta.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Angela - I am happy to let out a 'willy nilly typer Angela B' while dancing thru the night.

    Donna - its too bad, Brodi hogged all of the skiing ability. Maybe we can make a snowman...a snowman of Brodi, in her honor on our front yard.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Have a great weekend -- it sure sounds like you will!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I was going to be driving down to Utah, but now I'm sticking it out here, typing furiously. I'll probably be cleaning a toilet tomorrow, too.

    And I don't even get a dance party.

    ReplyDelete
  10. did you get the pop tarts we left on your porch? you know, the ones to go with all that top ramen...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Rock on, Sam!

    You show that laundry who's boss!

    Ahh, Jenilyn, remember, remember the 5th of November. Would it count if I just watched V for Vendetta? I became curious about Guy Fawkes after reading Harding's Return of the Native. I think the story starts on Guy Fawkes night.

    Alright Sam, I'll be showing up with a huge pot of yummy dinner goodness for you and all the kidlets and trade it for an ARC ;)

    Have fun, you, Brodi, the kids, Guy Fawkes. Do some serious dancing and some not so serious dancing. :)

    ReplyDelete