Thursday, November 1, 2012

What Happens in Vegas... is that I'm Wearing a Corset. I can guarantee it's a one-time deal.

Hey y'all! 

Are you in the Vegas area? Do you want to be in the Vegas area? Would you like to go to Vegas this weekend? Me too!

So if you're in the area, or if you have access to an airport, or boots that are made for walkin', then get your bum down to the Vegas Valley Book Festival. 

Saturday is devoted to YA! I'll be on a Paranormal panel at 12:30 and then I'll be signing books, along with a buttload of other amazing authors later in the afternoon. And then that night, I'll be attending the Steampunk Ball, also with a bunch of other authors. 

I tried out my steampunk outfit today. 


By far the best part of shopping for a steampunk outfit is looking like a middle aged mom (which I am) and walking into a store that carries whips and gadgets and saying, "I'd like to try on every corset you have."

The guy at the counter gave me a very weird look. So just for fun, I followed up the request with, "And make sure there's space in the dressing room for two..."

And then, when he looked even more confused and not just a little bit disgusted, I winked and said, "You know, room for two... because it takes two to tango..."

And then when he dry-heaved a little in his mouth, I remembered I was a middle aged mom, and so I sealed the deal by saying "And by tango, I mean I've got two kids at home who are waiting for me to make chicken nuggets. So just give me my corset." 

I can pretty much guarantee I'm the only person who tried it on with a shirt beneath it, and a sweater over it. What can I say... I like layers. 

I have a clock hanging on a chain around my neck, black boots with buckles, lace fingerless gloves and a tiny hat that was apparently made for elves, not humans. Either I'm rocking the steampunk, or I'm going to an 80's revival. 

So what do you think of the outfit? Does it exhibit enough steampunkery? 

I decided to drive to Vegas, so I need some new music to listen to. What songs/bands have y'all fallen in love with lately? Any songs you can't get enough of? Please leave them in the comments, so I won't fall asleep on the drive. 

And if you're coming to Vegas, make sure you find me. I may even be giving away a bunch of EVERBOUND ARCs. 

7 comments:

  1. Awesome Brodi. You rock the middle aged mom corset!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun! My only tip would be to say it looks like maybe the mini-hat is sitting a bit far back on your head. Have fun in Vegas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ow, ow! Hey skinny... You look amazzzzzzing. And the outfit rocks. I want to go to a Steampunk ball! Sounds like an epic adventure... *jealous* ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look amazing!! Hope you have a ton of fun. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Steampunk Brodi!! I love it!! : )

    As far as music goes, I'm not sure what you're in to, but my most recent loves are Mumford and Sons, Florence + the Machine, Of Monsters and Men, Alex Clare, David Guetta ("Titanium" especially, which is not actually sung by him. Odd. ), Schuyler Fisk (Sissy Spacek's daughter!! Crazy.), aaaaaand the soundtrack to WICKED.

    Hope that helps! Drive safe. : )

    Anika

    ReplyDelete
  6. Playlist:

    Brokenhearted-Karmin
    Breath of life-Florence+The Machine
    Titanium-David Guetta
    Gangam Style-PSY
    Red-Taylor Swift
    My immortal-Evanscence
    Price Tag- Jessie J
    Going Under- Evanescence
    Just a Kiss- Lady Antebellum
    Edge of Glory- Lady Gaga
    Need you now- Lady Antebellum
    Arms- Christina Perri
    Hello- Karmin
    Long live- Taylor Swift
    We are never ever getting back together- Taylor Swift
    Give your heart a break- Demi Lovato
    Call me maybe- Carly Rae Jepsen
    Vanilla Twilight- Owl City
    Grenade- Bruno Mars
    E.T- Katy Perry



    Wow! That was a long list. Those are my favorite. Most of
    them are love songs, I don't know if you like them or not...I included some calming songs and some very energetic pop tunes. Hope you like them!

    ReplyDelete