Tuesday, January 13, 2009

WELCOME TO THE DORK SIDE

Book Status: To keep all of us mostly sane as I wait for the next revision letter, I will switch to a "when there's news, I'll let you know" strategy on the book status. I know we will all be much happier that way.

BTW, have any of you heard from Ted? Let me know, kay?

Now have you heard from him?

Little Red status: He lifts me up where I belong, where the Eagles fly, on the mountain high. (picture me in Little Red's arms, cue credits)

*for those of you new to the blog, Little Red is my computer. Yes, I name my laptop. Yes, this is a pattern you will find in most of my posts. Yes, I cremated my old laptop (Newt). No, I'm not clinically insane. Yes, sometimes I talk to myself. What do you mean, I'm fat?

I usually post on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays, so I'm thinking that Tuesday is the perfect day to post some of my whackier, geekier stuff. (You didn't think that was possible, did you?)

Do any of you know my favorite thing about January? No, it's not Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD). No, it's not the "beef stew" we refer to as "air" in the Salt Lake Valley. No, it's not the deflated holiday reindeer scattered in the yard that look like they've all been massacred by my hunter ex-boyfriend.

It's because January 2009 means the beginning of the final half of the final season of the fraktacular Battlestar Galactica! This Friday, the cylons and the twelve colonies are back. Who is the last cylon? Adama? Starbuck? Rosslyn? Apollo? I have a theory that it's Apollo. They finally found Earth, only it's a cinged crusty wasteland. What-the-Frak?!

If you are not quite up to date on everything, here's your chance to catch the frak up. (It's like 9 minutes, so watch it when you have a longer moment). For an overview, it is quite funny. It's part one of two. 2nd part to come tomorrow. **Sam is making me warn you all there are spoilers. So if you haven't seen any of the show, and you want to start from season one, and you want to be surprised, be forewarned.)



So, I'm thinking as a blog community, we should reserve Tuesdays to dish about the latest episodes. I promise to keep my mother-frakkin geek-pie-hole shut on the other days. And for those of you who are nervous about tripping over to the Dork Side, join me. Take my hand. Together, we will search for that elusive thirteenth colony.

7 comments:

  1. Brodi, I'm missing FRAKKING BATTLESTAR GALACTICA. I didn't know it was starting so soon. Man, I thought not watching 24 was bad. I'm watching your clips, that's for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! i just got my Season 4.0 DVD's in the mail to watch...and we don't have cable (last people on earth, i KNOW!) can i come watch w/you????

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, okay, okay. You lost me at BattleStar Galactica....But I laughed my head off about the deflated reindeer scattered all over the yard because for a moment...I thought you were referring to Ben sticking dead deer legs into your snow!!!! Ha, ha, ha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Eden- you will be better for it. I promise.

    Dorien- Of course you can watch it at our house! In fact, this is an open invitation to everyone!

    Danno- Ditto. She is the mo' shizzle.

    Cam- I never said geekdom would be easy. I only said it would be worth it. Take my hand...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Battlestar is Frakkin' awesome. I am happy that I can share my inner geek with you. I remember when we started laughing that we were going to watch this show years ago...after seeing that pre-show miniseries, we were hooked.

    I still want to buy that life sized Cylon raider. Its only $1,000.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Here's a piece on the language aspect of the show:
    http://www.good.is/?p=14736

    Hope you enjoy! I like your blog.

    ReplyDelete