Blog friend Jenni Elyse has given me a special award: the Honest Scrap award. Upon hearing I won the award, I ripped off my clothes and ran down the street, pumping my fist in the air a la Tiger Woods. Then I found out the award doesn't come with a Tiara, and I walked back home, dejected and sagging in all the wrong places.
Here are the rules she sent along, should I choose to accept such an award:
- Thank the person who gave you the award and list his/her blog (with a link).
- Pass on the award to seven other people whose blogs you find brilliant in content or design.
- Notify the bloggers you choose for the award and hopefully they’ll join in.
- List 10 honest things about yourself and post a copy of the Honest Scrap Logo on your blog.
Rule 1. Okay. Thank you Jenni. Check.
Rule 2. Blogs I love to read: Bree Despain, Emily Wing Smith, Valynne, Eden Johnson Ellingson, Josh Berk, Debbie, Kim Reid, Cam, Sam, I feel like I'm forgetting people. Have I forgotten anyone? Leave it in the comments if I forgot you.
Rule 3. Umm... Hey Bloggers! Join In! Or Don't! Who am I to judge?
Rule 4. Oh Crap. Another list about me. How about I just list 10 things I learned from my weekend writer's retreat? Kay?
10 Things I Learned at Writer's Retreat:
1. I'm "Number One Crazy".
In my absence one night, my writer's group (when asked by James Dashner, which one of us was the craziest member) voted me "Number One Crazy." To which I replied, "You Cannot be serious!"
It's not as harmless as it appears, because I was voted craziest in a writer's group. That's like being #1 Nut at the Nut House. That's bad.
I demand a recount. I mean this is coming from a group of girls, any one of whom will do crazier things than me, like:
- talk incessantly about nipples
- refer to the middle seat in a truck as the "slut seat"
- make a "To Do" list of how to become "Hot"
- order buffalo wings wherever we go
- fulfill a lifelong dream of staying in a yert
- convince others that one of the bedroom walls in the condo is haunted
- surmise that the driver in the car next to us isn't really checking his blind spot... He's secretly watching his dog in the back seat give birth to a litter of puppies who may or may not be aliens
- mention her recent life-threatening motorcycle accident as an afterthought. As in, "By the way, I almost died last week. Look at the road burn."
- can't park a car without getting a complaint letter left on her windshield
- suffers from a "twitchy" eye
- longs to be a member of the Babysitters' Club. (Okay, that's really all of us).
- has a serious addiction to buying books. (Like 32 in a week).
- threatens to "spring a spoon" on an unsuspecting sleeper in the middle of the night
- is scared of a wooden owl
- says, "See ya, Norma," whenever she leaves, even though no one is actually named Norma
- has the optimism of a fish on a hook, out of water
- organizes a seating chart at dinner according to who's left-handed and who's right-handed
Wow. That was only number one? Okay, let's break this thing up a bit. I'll do more of what I learned at Writer's Retreat Wednesday.
How was everyone's weekend? Anyone do anything fun?
Feel free to leave a little love in the comments, preferably about something I've done that is not crazy.
Hugs and kisses.