Friday, October 22, 2010

An Evening with Margie Stohl and Kami Garcia, and tons of Beautiful Creatures

So, I had the opportunity to catch the end of Margie Stohl and Kami Garcia's world tour to promote their newest release in the Beautiful Creatures series, BEAUTIFUL DARKNESS.

Margie and Kami were personable, funny, and kept the crowd (the real people as well as the blog tv audience) thoroughly entertained.

Writer Peep Emily Wing Smith acted as interviewer, and then I was called up to moderate the lightning round of questions. 

Apparently, the physical requirements for the job were to stand there, looking awkward, and let me just say I did my job well. 
(Picture taken by Heather Zahn Gardner)

Margie and Kami chose well, because I majored in Awkward and minored in Bumbling. (Incidentally, these were the suggestions from my career counselor in High School. I'll never be able to thank her enough.)

Congratulations to Margie and Kami. They are two of the nicest, most down-to-earth people I know, despite Kami's strange fixation with murdering her characters and Margie's habit of breaking out into song at any given moment.

(Top: Bree Despain, Valynne Nagamatsu, Kami Garcia, me
Bottom: Emily Wing Smith, Margie Stohl)

If you ever get a chance to meet them in person, go. Now. Or when the actual event takes place.

What are y'all doing this weekend?

10 comments:

  1. I wish I could have gone. I was hoping to, but too many things got in the way. Bummer. Glad you guys had such a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also majored in akward...hence the reason I am always snapping photos instead of talking. You were fab as always and photogenic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sara- We missed you!

    heather- So good to see you there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish I could've gone. It sounds like a lot of fun.

    Are Kami and Margie related? Or, did they just decide to co-author a few books? Don't you think co-authoring would be hard ... harder than writing one by yourself?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like you all had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jenni- They were friends in California. They made co-authoring look easy, though I think it it would be hard!

    Jill- Was fun! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like a good time. Maybe I need to move as it seems all the good times happen where you are Brodi.

    We are taking my nine month old to the zoo for the first time. Should be fun, my brother, SIL, nephew and niece are coming down today to join us tomorrow.

    Hope you all have a wonderful weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. this weekend i am taking 4 extra strength something or other, drinking lots of something w/caffeine and praying to recover from today.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ack! I missed it! Sigh.

    Well, my husband and I just talked to a real estate agent and we might be putting our house up for sale. So, yeah, I'll be cleaning.

    By the way, I gave you an award on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Una- how fun! Take lots of pictures.

    Dorien- I'm tapping a vein after today... so many kids... so many voices...

    Jenilyn- I get an award?

    *Slurks on over to blog...*

    ReplyDelete