Thursday, January 26, 2012

EVERNEATH Launch Party: An Initial Recap

Hey y'all. I'm finally starting to unwind from the big launch party. I can't believe how many people showed up, and packed the art gallery next door to my local indie bookstore, the awesome King's English. 

I thought I'd just show you some wonderful pictures, taken by my friend Michelle Sallay. (Also, she is giving away a signed copy of Everneath on her blog).

First off, here are pics of the crowd from several angles. I was so overwhelmed by the support from the community, friends and family! The staffers counted over 200 in attendance. 






I did my first ever power point presentation. We were only into the second slide when I came across my first typo. 

It read:

THIS IS MY FIRST POWER POINT PRESENTATION.
  • I all grown up now.
Yep. I all grown up now. 

I signed books for over two hours straight. The King's English sold out of books early in the evening. Thank you so much to everyone who braved the crowds and stood in line!

My awesome family (who considers it their divine mission in life to feed the masses) made the best treats which helped make the wait more pleasant. 
photo taken by Eden Ellingson

And King's English got this awesome cake:
photo taken by Eden Ellingson
I almost hated that they had to cut into the pretty!

Here are some more pics of the event, again taken by Michelle Sallay:

This is my critique group, THE SIX minus me. They are wearing DEAD ELVISES t-shirts. From l-r: Sara Bolton, Valynne Nagamatsu, Kim Reid, Bree Despain and Emily Wing Smith. 


My sweet parents, holding my book. Doesn't my dad look great?!

Me signing.
Thank you to everyone for all of your support. People ask me how I'm handling everything, and I tell them I'm handling everything fine, until I think about all the people I have to thank. Then I become overwhelmed.

If you were at the party, what did you think?

And if you weren't, did you know you can order signed copies of EVERNEATH from The King's English?

Also, I will announce the winner of the Pre-order contest tomorrow. :)

32 comments:

  1. It looks like it was amazing. I might have to get a singed copy from The King's English. So glad your parents were able to be there.

    Congrats!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I truly wished I could have been there. Looks like the place was PACKED. Congratulations again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like it was a fab party!! So happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brodi, you are seriously one of the most hilarious girls ever and on top of that you are so nice. It was an honor to take some pictures at your totally packed book launch!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats! That party looks awesome! I wish I could've been there.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My copy is on its way to me now, and I can't wait to actually hold it in my hands! (and read it of course:)
    And not just your dad, but both of your parents look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like it was an awesome party! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the pictures! So very happy for your success, Brodi! :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. The party was amazing. We showed up 45 minutes early and shortly after the seats were gone and it was standing room only. The powerpoint had me laughing but then again, I knew you wouldn't disappoint. :P SO so so thrilled for you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Best release part ever!! Congrats Brodi!! You did fantastic:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I had a blast at the party Brodi! Best launch party I've been to yet! Can't wait for book 2's party!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The launch party was fantastic! It was the biggest I've ever attended. I was so happy that you had such a big turn out. And, it was worth waiting in the lines to get our books signed. :)

    Your Powerpoint presentation was awesome. After we left, I realized that even though I showed my Star Wars prowess, I made a HUGE booboo. I told Sam that the 3,720 to 1 odds came from The Empire Strikes back with the Tauntaun. Those odds are actually 725 to 1, much better odds. It was the asteroid field that had such horrible ones. I can't believe I made that goof. Tell Sam I'm sorry. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. A big, fat congratulations! Can't wait to read your book.:)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, it looks like everyone had such a fantastic time! What an awesome way to celebrate your debute! Wish I could have been there! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hey! I see familiar faces there-(aka Catherine and Sheree) :) Wish I could have been there!
    Mikel

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congrats Brodi, this is so awesome! You are totally amazing and I can't wait to read the book!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I feel honored that I got to come and participate. The presentation was one of the best ones I've ever been to and the spread was awesome. Your family rocks! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Brodi! Why did you tell everyone it was a typo? I totally thought it was a witty and clever joke LOL! :D Tell your family well done and thank you for the food. It was amazing! I was blown away. I had a blast and it was so fun to see you. The power point was hilarious. Best launch party ever. Seriously :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. The party was awesome!!! It was soo much fun! : )

    ReplyDelete
  20. Ha! I totally called it. I KNEW they'd sell out. If only they'd consulted me on how many to stock. *shakes head sadly*

    So when do the rest of us non-SLC folks get to see the PowerPoint? Is it on YouTube?

    And I hope you're bringing that stamp to LTUE....

    ReplyDelete
  21. Brodi- I LOVED the party! Your power point presentation was awesome, you are hilarious and I learned a lot of interesting things. Your dad looks amazing, I told Mandy that I think he is a RockStar! I'm not going to lie I got a little teary eyed when I saw how good he looks and what a proud papa he was. I'm sorry I couldn't come to Michele's last night, I was working. I am hoping that I can still get my copy signed:) Which by the way I can't put down, when I'm not reading it I am thinking about it. I am loving it! You are amazing and I am so excited for you. Way to go!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Sounds like it was a lot a fun. Sad I missed it.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Sounds awesome, and I'm with Robin. I'm not the least bit surprised they sold out. And I love the guitar pick necklace! *jealous*

    I'm listening to the audiobook. So glad they did one!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Loved the launch party and I am loving the book. I love this quote from the book "Heroes are made by the paths they choose, not the powers they are graced with". It's a great read!

    ReplyDelete
  25. What a great launch party! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Oh how fun was that!?!?! Love the pics, love the shirts, love the guitar picks, but I especially love the picture of your parents. *Hi Joanie and Dennis!* Congratulations Brodi! My copy has been shipped, I can't wait to read it.

    ReplyDelete
  27. I am so happy for you. I follow you on GoodReads and on your blog and I think you are wonderful. I just bought Everneath for my NOOK! I was a lucky girl who got to read it years ago (in its beginning stages and I loved it then). I also want to hear more about the echo that lives in Blackfoot.
    Congratulations!!
    Sara Christensen (Diane Adair's friend)

    ReplyDelete
  28. I was there and thought it was fantastic. Great food, great presentation, great people, great book.

    Just great! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  29. You couldn't be more darling, and a good writer to boot!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Had so much fun at the party! You were an absolute sweetheart, and I thought you said "I all grown up now" on purpose. LOL Guess that's ME being all growed up, eh?

    ReplyDelete
  31. My review, and where I bragged about being in that first picture on this blog post ;) http://www.waytoomuchaubrey.com/2012/01/everneath-review-of-sorts.html

    ReplyDelete