Tuesday, May 29, 2012

I Have Some News on a New Project in the EVERNEATH World...

I have some news. 


This news has leaked out in several venues, mostly because I spilled the beans on the Twitter, and then I had a plan to blog about it immediately, but time went by, and the beans I spilled got old, and became slightly refried. (Okay, I might have the wrong idea of how beans actually get refried.)


Where was I? 


Right. News. So, we had a wordwar on twitter today, and I shared some of my favorite lines that I wrote, and then I realized that I forgot to mention my new project. 


So here it is:


Before EVERBOUND comes out (in January), HarperCollins will release an e-book set in the EVERNEATH world. Written by me. (Not sure I needed to specify my authorship, but just in case...) 


Here are three things about the e-book:


1. It will be novella length. (About a third to a half of the length of a full novel).
2. It will be told from Cole's point of view.
3. It doesn't have a title yet.
4. It will start immediately when EVERNEATH ends. Kind of like a bridge book.
5. You do NOT have to read it to understand EVERBOUND. 


That about wraps up the news. Until it gets a title, I will call it EVER-Novella. 


I'll share some of my favorite quotes from EVER-Novella so far:


Quote #1 "It's not worth it. You think you're bartering with your fingers, but you'll end up losing an arm."


Quote #2 Meredith: "He gave up his philandering ways to be with her."


     Cole: "He's in high school. Teenagers don't have 'philandering ways'."


Quote #3  "There's no such thing as 'epic love'. But there is such a thing as 'epically bad decisions based on something believed to be love, but is most likely lust'."


So, what do you think? Do you have any questions about said EVER-Novella? Are you as excited as I am? 


Yes? Then, can you write it?


Kidding. I'm totally writing it. 

22 comments:

  1. I CANNOT wait for this. Seriously. I loved Cole. It should be illegal and be a total crime that you wrote two awesome hot hot, can I make out with them, boys! Oh, and quote number 3? Yeah. I totes LOVE that!! lol. Hope the EVER-novella comes out soon! I need me some yummy Coleness <33

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I promise there will be an influx of Cole Yum in EVER-Novella!

      Delete
  2. That is SO exciting! Hip-hip! Can not wait to read more Cole!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds like so much fun! Do you know when it comes out?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure. But I'm thinking sometime in the late fall.

      Delete
  4. This will be awesome! I can't wait to read from Cole's POV. I hope I'll be able to get this one all the way over here in Ireland! Mostly if e-books are on US sites only, I can't buy them, so here's hoping!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you can get it too. I need you to represent in Ireland!

      Delete
  5. OMG OMG OMG *jumps up & down in excitement* CANNOT wait *dashes off to tell art teacher I also have hooked on Everneath*

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brod - that is AWESOME! Congrats! Love the Cole perspective idea. Can't wait to read. Hope you're doing well. I've been thinking about you. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG! How exciting! I cannot wait to read about Cole! Thanks SO much :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Okay. Cole is one of my favorite bad guys EVER. Even though I'm #TeamEverYours.... I cannot WAIT for this! <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oooo. How exciting! I'm really interested to see things from Cole's point-of-view. I wonder if it will help me decide how I feel about him, lol. Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  10. AHHHH!!! somehow i missed this and GRACE had to tell me the good news! super cool brodi!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cole!! Oh damn it, I love Cole so much so this one will be a highlight for me!! Those are truly great news and I can't wait for it!!

    I'm still heartbroken that I never won anywhere the Cole guitar pick guitar pick. Best.Swag.Ever!

    Those are fantastic News!!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Interesting to see things from Cole's POV. Dang you if you make him more sympathetic.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Woot Woot, happy dance, clapping and all that jazz!! *Sigh* some Cole to tide us over til Everbound :))

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm super excited about this. At some point, I would love to see a little blog about why more and more authors are writing *bridge* novellas - is that because of the demands of publishers or readers or what? I never really heard about them much until about a year ago and now they seem very popular. You know, just sometime when you want to write a blog post but aren't sure what to write about.

    ReplyDelete