Sunday, April 14, 2013

What I've Been Doing... NOT Licking Thor, that's for sure.

Okay, so I've had a few not-so-subtle nudges from blog readers, friends and family members (I'm totally looking at you, Jacksons) about putting up a new blog post. 

Here's what happened: I turned in the last round of edits on EVERTRUE (I still call it Everneath 3: It's Everneathiest) and then did you know there's an off switch in your brain? A literal off switch? That's the only explanation for what I've been doing during the last couple of weeks. Somebody flipped the off switch. 

I mean, I've done some of the usual stuff... 

Like now you see it...
because what's a barber shop without a pool table and a lei?

Now you don't.
... that's a handsom face in the mirror... wait, is that moi?

Now you see it...
Isn't she cute?

Now you don't. 
It's a boy! 

I kicked some balls...
...and pulled a hamstring. (This was also the "before the concussion" pic)
I consulted with my godfather...
... he told me to go to the mattresses. So I went to just the one mattress. And fell asleep.

I danced with Fred Astaire. But I have to admit, I felt like a third wheel...
... Um, Fred? Fred? I'm over here, Fred.
Okay, Fred, this is getting ridiculous. It's like you don't think we're dancing together. 

I used my feminine wiles... all two of them...
... That's right, Ben. I totally pulled my hammy right here...
And you see this leg? I've got another one just like it. And it goes all the way up... to my hip.

And finally, I let Thor know that I really lick him.. I mean like him...

Because if you were this close to Thor, you'd lick him too. Admit it. 

So yeah, I've been totally busy. 

What have all y'all been up to? 

7 comments:

  1. What have I been up to? Uh, well, I have totally been NOT licking Thor! We need to talk.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would totally lick him. And also Wolverine back there behind you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nuts! I was hoping your two feminine wiles would make you put money in the boob jar.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wasa not-so-subtle person about the blogging :S sorry! Well, not sorry since u actually wrote one! im glad u are able to noe distinguish ur son from some random little girl, mustve been a hard job prior to the haircut. lol, have a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Licking Thor is a-okay in my book. Maybe the real one would taste better than the wax one (I assume that's what the one above is??) :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think that licking Thor is always appropriate. In other news, I wanted to tell you that we are knee-deep in the Battle of the Books at the middle school where I teach and... Everneath has made it to the Final Four! The kids love it and are excited to read Everbound soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Honestly, if I were that close to Thor, I would totally lick him ... maybe nibble just a little. (And I'm old, but not too old to appreciate something that fine.) He's just ... wow. I might give Fred a hug, too, if I could only get him away from Ginger.
    Great pics!

    ReplyDelete