Friday, April 23, 2010

Crazy Week... and there is such a thing as too much honey.

Hey Y'all.

It has truly been a wonderful, crazy, over-the-top week for me. I feel like I've been away from the computer a lot, and neglecting my blogger duties. (Which are to raise the blogger flag in the morning, play taps on my bugle, and then scrape plates after lunch). At least I'm not on K-P. In fact, I have no idea how the duties are assigned. Who's in charge here?

I can't wait to tell you all about it, but for now it reminds me of when my mom used to give my sister a spoonful of honey each night. (Supposedly, it's an old wives tale to help with bed-wetting. Um... sorry Erin.) Okay, so maybe it was a total stranger, giving her total stranger daughter honey.

Anywho, this week, after the first spoonful of honey, I was all, "Honey! Honey honey honey honey honey honey! I love honey! So sweet!"

And I get the next spoonful, and I'm all, "Mmmmm.... Honey. It's sweet."

And then next one: "Hmm. Honey."

After the extreme high of a sugar rush, then the fantastical crash to the ground, I was exhausted, and I tore off all my clothes and ran naked down the street screaming, "My kingdom for a lemon!" (Get that picture out of your head. We're still being metaphorical.)

Sam, in his efforts to help with the mania, informed me we have one less problem to worry about. Remember how Kid C spits toothpaste bubbles from heck to breakfast every time he brushes his teeth, making the sink totally gross? Well, Sam has found the answer.

He taught Kid C to spit in the toilet. 

I just put my head in my hands.

I'm off to the LDS Storymakers conference in Provo today. Remember to say hi if you're there.


What's everyone else doing this weekend? Teaching your kids to take a bath in the toilet, so as not to mess up the bath tub?

20 comments:

  1. Wait, doesn't everyone spit their toothpaste into the toilet? Are we supposed to use the sink?

    Enjoy the conference. I will make sure that the house is clean, the boys are fed and food is on the table waiting for you when you get home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually, the spitting in the toilet idea isn't too bad... its a lot more accessible to a 3-year-old! Unfortunately, we live in a quirky old house and the toilet seat refuses to stay up, so I'd probably be the unfortunate person to sit on a wad of toothpaste and spit. OK. We're sticking with the sink.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've always wanted to know why mom gave me honey and not you. I just thought she loved me more...Anywho, for the record, she stopped giving me honey just last week...and I kind of miss it:)

    Have fun in Provo and enjoy the conference.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nah, I just teach the kids to eat their meals in the bathtub. Saves on cleanup, ya know?

    ReplyDelete
  5. um sam, i need you at my house too.

    i will be home, but if you get tired of doing all those things at YOUR house--feel free to stop by MINE!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a good hubby! Have fun at the conference. I hope to rest and get over my cold this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sam- I know you spit in the toilet when I'm not looking.

    Shauna- Yes, stick with the sink. Don't let my hubby give you any ideas.

    Erin- So I guess the spoonful of honey at night really does pay off... eventually.

    Kaylie- That's a great idea. Now if they could just attend school there...

    Dorien- He's yours. I'm happy to volunteer him.

    Una- don't let him hear you say that. He'll stop trying so hard.

    Get rest!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's hilarious!

    It was good to see you today. I felt pretty cool sitting at the same table as five of The Six.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So good to see you too, Jenilyn! That was a great table, although I think our attention spans were a little bit lacking.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, come on ... we got all the good stuff out of that speech: "Crash parties. Hang out at a bar. Be beautiful. Write for the sinners."

    ReplyDelete
  11. You forgot "Crawl out of a hole. and Look Young."

    Remember the part where I won a book? That was awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have a hard enough time teaching our "kids" not to drink out of the toilet, let alone to get a bath or not spit.

    Hope you have fun at the conference! Tell Bree hi!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Jenni- Don't give Sam ideas. He'll have the kids drinking out of the toilet to "Save the Earth".

    Hey Bree! Jenni says "hi"!

    Or maybe I should just tell her in person. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm greedy, so I want to be the first to congratulate Brodi on winning the LDSSM First Chapter Contest!!!

    If we ask really nice, will you let us read the whole chapter?

    If the first chapter was the one you teased us with the other day--or anything like it--you totally deserve it.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Robin- Thanks so much! I wish I had been there, but I'm so excited about the new computer. Apparently it's little, and that's what I want to start lugging around.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congrats on your win at Storymakers!! I can't wait to read some of your work.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks Kimberly! I was very excited.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congrats, Brodi! That is awesome! The spitting in the toilet totally sounds like something my hubby would teach my boys. Yuck.

    ReplyDelete
  19. You're going to love the new computer--I should have shown you mine, which is from HP, but just like it. The typing is a bit cramped, but it's so light and portable! Mine fits in my purse. Very convenient.

    Have I mentioned how great it was to finally meet you! Squeaked in right before you got all famous! Whew! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thanks, Kimberly! And what is it with husbands?

    Robin- So good to meet you too. I can't wait to start taking the little laptop to writing days. It's so light and small!

    ReplyDelete