Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Kid C Confesses his Toots

Sorry for the late blog. It's been a little crazy around here.

So, Kid C and I are riding in the car the other day, and I hear something that sounds like bubbles popping. A little put-put-put. 

Kid C looks at me in the rear view mirror and says, "Whoa. Who's tooting?"

me: "I think we both know who's tooting."

him: "The car?"

me: "No."

him: "Brodi's tooting."

me: "No, Kid C's tooting."

You get the picture. We went back and forth a few times, and finally I said, "Kid C, stop lying."

him: "I'm not."

So we drive for a little while, and pretty soon I hear him whispering. I tilt my head so I can hear him better. He thinks he's being quiet enough. He's closed his eyes, and he's saying over and over, "Dear Jesus, it really was me tooting. I'm the one who tooted. That's the truth. Dear Jesus, I tooted."

I guess all my lessons about how Heaven knows if you're lying have paid off.

Speaking of heaven, anyone going to the LDStorymakers conference this weekend? I'm gonna party it up there on Friday. Bree Despain (#3 Crazy of the Six, but really #1 Crazy) will be speaking in the first session. If you're going, stop on by and say 'hi'.

14 comments:

  1. Ha ha! That's awesome. Your kids sound like a lot of fun.

    I wanted to go to the conference, but I can't because I have to work. :P One of these days, I will make it to one of these things. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! I resemble that #1 crazy remark!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoops, that last comment was supposed to be from me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish I was going, but family won out. Geez. :) Have a ton of fun.

    Kid C sounds like he's a hoot.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jenni- Do my kids really sound fun? Want one of them?

    ReadBree- Yeah you do...

    Bree- See? totally #1 Crazy.

    Leisha- We'll miss you. Are you going to Midway?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Me! Me! I'm going! I'm leaving now! :)

    See you tomorrow... and Friday. So fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. broken record comment from me:

    i love kid c.

    dearly~

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ha. That's great. :) It reminds me of my cute little nephew. He's almost 6. At Christmas, all our families got together at my husband's parent's house. In all the commotion of opening presents, we hear him say, "Did anyone smell my toot? I tooted." My husband and I still laugh about that one. Dear kids. Gotta love them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. My brother-in-law (when he was little) once tooted rather loudly in church, then also loudly, blamed it on his mom. To which she replied, "You little sh**!" Which ended up being way more embarrassing than claiming her son's toot!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Kid C is a crack up! However, at least this reassures you that you ARE a good parent... he is learning those important life lessons.

    I'm not going to the conference, but I hope you all have a GREAT time! Travel mercies for all of you!

    Shauna - that is WAY more embarrassing and I'm sure a memorable moment for the whole congregation!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dorien- Yeah, I guess I won't be sending him back or anything.

    Karen- it's such a funny, smelly age.

    Shauna- that's so cool his mom and my mom had the same term of endearment for the little ones. :) At least it probably livened up church, right?

    Una- I'll remember that next time Carter confesses his toot. "I'm a good mother, I'm a good mother."

    ReplyDelete
  12. Finally Kid C confesses to his toots! Now I'm off the hook for who to blame :)

    Congrats this week! Can't wait to hear all the details!

    ReplyDelete