Friday, May 15, 2009

I Might as well Snort Tobasco Sauce

Happy Friday.

Random Pain status: It burns, it burns!

Ever have one of those days when you are pretty sure your life is some sort of cosmic joke?

So, I'm in my bathroom yesterday, blow-drying my hair and eating cinnamon bears. (Everyone does that, right?)

I flip my hair forward, so I can dry the under parts, but the forward momentum causes the cinnamon juices in my mouth to go shooting up my nasal tube thingies (you know where your nose meets your throat) and right into my sinuses.

The pain, I assure you, was acute.

I started wandering about, flapping my hands and whimpering, trying to figure out how the heck to stop the burning.

I ran over to the sink, cupped my hand and tried to snort some water. But apparently, even in an emergency, my body rebels against voluntarily snorting any sort of liquid.

By now I could picture the acid cinnamon juices disintegrating my brain. The sizzle was nearly audible.

Finally, I sucked up a mouthful of water, flipped my hair forward and let the water follow the same path.

This worked.

Moral of the story: Never blow-dry your hair. Just eat cinnamon bears while sedentary. Dangerous stuff.

Any fun plans for the weekend? My sister is laying sod, so I "plan" to be conveniently out of town.

Since it's Friday, how about a fun video? Star Wars, as if it were a Macgyver television series.

(Courtesy of Sam. He's the one who wastes countless hours searching through really lame videos until he finds one little golden nugget, which his wife immediately steals.)

13 comments:

  1. Ouch, painful experience! At least you didn't throw your neck out blow drying your hair. *Ahem* Not that I did that, requiring two months of weekly chiropractor visits. Nah! It was my....friend, yeah, my friend.

    I love the video! It was perfect, great way to start the weekend!

    I hope to get the junk in my house boxed up and ready for the block sale next week. What is everyone else's weekend plans?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Una- see? blow drying hair is totally dangerous! I hope your friend is okay now...

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know with all the warning on the stupid things like: "Do not use underwater, Do not use while in tub, Do not smoke while using." They should add, "To avoid injury, keep head still." I mean, really, one of those stick/supermodel types could potentially die by snapping their own neck (like a chicken). Right? We should start a campaign to save people from their blow dryers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good to hear that you were able to survive that near death cinnamon bear experience...as tasty as cinnamon bears are, I can't imagine those cinnamon bear juices being too delicious going thru the nose.

    I can't believe someone sold out the McGyver theme song...combining it with Star Wars totally ruined McGyver for me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. They should also have warnings on peppermints that say: Do not put your contact lens that fell out while you were at a stop sign in your mouth to re-wet it before you put it back on your eye if you have been sucking on one of these bad boys.

    Not that that's ever happened to me. Noooo...

    ReplyDelete
  6. mmmm....cinnamon bears...arghurghrughaa.

    That video was AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Una- "To avoid injury anywhere, never move." Let's patent the bumper stickers.

    Sam- Don't tell me you don't dream about Macgyver and Skywalker fighting it out.

    Sal- yeah, I feel your pain on that one.

    Keersten- I knew the Jensen household would appreciate the video.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That just sounds painful Brodi! I haven't had enough time to blurf lately so I've missed your blog. Hoping to have more time soon!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Paula- I hate it when I don't have time to blurf. A day without blurfing is like a day without...

    Okay, am I supposed to know what "blurf" means? Is it some sort of blogging lingo?

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's one of the more creative burn stories I've heard. I get burned every time I cook, but who doesn't right? . . . RIGHT? Also, have you ever burned your eye by a spicy Dorito flying into it? Also pretty fun. But cinnamon juice sounds oh so much worse. Sorry you had to endure that.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Kim- thank you for feeling my pain.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ouch! Seriously I can't even imagine... I guess it would be akin to the feeling of jumping into a pool and not plugging your nose. except instead of chlorine... hot burning cinnamon jucie!

    poor girl.

    ReplyDelete