There's so much going on around me, but I'm missing it all because I'm in the writing cave. So how about a quick Thing #1 and Thing #1?
My sister-in-law brought me over a big tub of homemade ice cream to thank us for helping them when their basement flooded while they were out of town.
Of three things I am certain:
1. I love homemade ice cream.
2. There's a part of me, and I'm not sure how dominant that part might be, that longs to start another flood just to get more ice cream.
3. I am unconditionally, and irrevocably, going to break into their house tonight.
My dad's latest scans show his tumors are still shrinking. (Most of you know he is battling Pancreatic Cancer).
|The Fam at the Huntsman Cancer Center|
The doctors are pretty baffled. At his most recent visit, they said he is in the "Top 5% of chemo responders."
1. I don't know why we are the recipients of these little miracles, but I will take them!
2. And then I will ask for more...
So, what are the Things #1 in your life?
Did you notice how I pluralized Thing #1?