Friday, January 23, 2009

EVERYTHING IS JUST 100 SIMPLE CLICKS AWAY... AND MAC REINVENTS THE WHEEL!



Motivational Status: I love the above poster. My family is made up of a bunch of Shakespeare fanatics, and Titus Andronicus is the ugly step-sister nobody ever talks about.

Here's my answer to the above de-motivator: When was the last time you curled up with a good book, and it was a Shakespeare play? When I have a free moment, I am NOT about to grab Julius Caesar, just to read the Portia stabbing her leg scene. Uh-uh.

Did I ever tell you about the first time Sam met my parents? It went like this:

Mom and Dad (Bard fanatics, remember): "So, Sam, you're majoring in English? You must like Shakespeare."

Sam: "Nah, not really. The Bard's okay, I guess, but I prefer mysteries and thrillers."

Crickets.

We walked out of that introductory meeting, and I say: "What were you thinking?"
And he says: "I have no idea. I love Shakespeare! I swear!"

Little Red Status (name for my Mac Book): I took him on a date last weekend. Seriously. We let Sam tag along as well, since it was Sam's birthday.

I told Sam he could do whatever he wanted for his birthday. So we went up to Eccles Tennis Center to watch the Ute tennis team play Utah State. Then we went to Barnes and Noble.

I'm not kidding. I told Sam, anything he wants to do, we do. And he chose Ute Tennis and Barnes and Noble. I love Sam. He's right up there with Little Red and Rafa.

Sam even let Little Red and me have some alone time in a corner of B&N.

So I'm kind of new to the whole Mac Apple world, and I'm discovering it's truly a subculture among the humans.

Mac users love their Mac's. Like, Luuurve them long time.

I have to admit, I am assimilating quite well. Apple can do no wrong. Which is why I'll be the first in line to buy their latest product, showcased in the video below.


Apple Introduces Revolutionary New Laptop With No Keyboard

7 comments:

  1. Please, can we never talk about that discussion with your parents ever again? Sheesh, that was unbelievably idiotic on my mind and it forever crashed my hopes of ever truly being accepted by your parents.

    And no teasing about my birthday activities. Sports and books. Very cool of me to invite you to share such awesome activities like watching tennis and browsing for books.

    And--I love that video. Absolutely hilarious. I especially like how the macwheel would try and interpret what sentence you were going to type. Very funny stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, I am quite ashamed to admit this, but for like 2.5 seconds, I thought this was real. I know, I know, I will go bury my head in the sand now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. People use computers for work?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bro that was the funniest thing I've seen in a long time. (a few hundred clicks away) lol thanks

    and also the Luurve it long time

    awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i am not sure i can read your blog anymore, i have mac envy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. virtually unbreakable. exept when dropped or hit!thats not the way anything already breaks!ha ha ha.

    ReplyDelete