Friday, January 16, 2009

JUICY UNDERWEAR

Perv Status: So, I'm trying once again to cast my book trailer. I've learned one thing very quickly: Don't ever type "hot young latino guy" into the search engine.

Geek status: Thermonuclear. BSG starts tonight. Promise to only talk about it on next Tuesday's "Dork Side".

Dismembered Bambi status: 15 years after the fact, Ben Ballou finally called my mom (early yesterday morning) and apologized for hurting one of God's creatures, and sticking the four legs of said creature in the snow in our front yard. (Yesterday's post). He would also like to give credit (blame) to his friend (partner in crime) Jason Stock. So, Jason, you are hereby officially blamed. Congratulations.

So, I have another song from my book's soundtrack to share with you all. It is probably the most mainstream song I have on the list. The Bravery's Believe.

The chorus hits on a couple themes in my book.

Give me something to believe
Cuz I am living just to breathe
And I need something more
To keep on breathing for
So give me something to believe

(Sorry if the lyrics are wrong. I never hear songs right. Remember Bare Naked Ladies' song, "Pinch Me" where the line goes: "I just made you say 'Underwear'." Well, for the first two years that song was out, I heard the line as this: "I just made juicy underwear". Which could totally make sense.)

It's safe to say that my main character, Lane, longs for something in this crazy world to believe in, and she's asthmatic, and claustrophobic, so she simultaneously longs to breathe as well. Sounds like a great heroine, right?

Enjoy the song, keep your underwear clean, and next week I'll start posting pics of hot young latino guys. (Now there's a sentence I never thought I'd type.)

The Bravery - Believe


Found at bee mp3 search engine

7 comments:

  1. I can't think of that song anymore without having your voice in my head singing the wrong lyrics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, you have to be careful with what you google (at least that is what Ben tells me) :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, I was actually considering this song for my trailer. (The Believe song, not the underwear one.) I am also having the same difficulty with finding pics of guys for my trailer. Alas, if only I could afford to get Taylor Kitsch to star in it. I finally found a guy who might be a good replacement for Taylor, but his pic would cost me $100 from stock photo place. Oi. Anyone up for a trip to Texas? Perhaps we can kidnap Taylor and shove him in a van and take a couple of pics before dumping him near the Alamo Freeze.

    Oh, wait, did that sound a little bit crazy . . .Ha, ha. Just kidding. No restraining order needed here, officer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everytime I hear "Pinch Me" (for the last several years)I laugh "with" you at those words.
    I can't believe how frakin' good BSG is! Don't tell Eden!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Actually, Bree, that's the best idea you've had in months! That's totally something Lane and Grace would do, right? You kidnap Taylor, I'll go grab Rafa, we'll all meet in the middle and double...

    Cam- Get Ben away from that computer! Before he dismembers it!

    Dan- I was going to mention in the post how you'll never let me live that whole "underwear" thing down...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I google song lyrics probably once a week since I have an uncanny knack of having no idea what anyone is singing. Anyway, it taught me all the words to Bust a Move if anyone wants to hear it.
    P.S. I agree you have to be careful what you google!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bambi killers!!!! You are so funny.

    ReplyDelete