Tuesday, February 17, 2009

DORK SIDE: MY FEMININE VITTLES... AND NEW GEEKS COME OUT OF THE CLOSET







My Readers' geek status:
Do you like the show LOST? Well, then, guess what? You are a fellow geek! It’s no longer a title that’s only whispered in dark alleys. It’s official.


Entertainment Weekly has dubbed you all geeks. Welcome.
In fact, the exact quote is that Lost is "baring its potentially alienating geek soul and challenging its audience even more with gonzo storytelling."

Now, I don't know what "gonzo storytelling" means, but I would bet it's some sort of vulcan dialect.


Online gaming geek status
: I finally pulled out my feminine wyles. Wiles? Whiles? Okay, okay. it was my feminine vittles.
Whatever.

Travian is a gender-neutral game, but in my messages to my vicious catapulters, I mentioned that I am a weak girl, and doesn't that make them feel bad, knowing they are catapulting a weak girl?
Of course I am assuming they are all boys. (Truthfully, they are probably, like, 16 years old).

Anyway, I was able to talk two of them out of destroying my village, just long enough to become a member of an untouchable alliance.


So, rest assured, my village is safe and secure. And my settlers have voted to expand. They are so loyal to me. I don’t know what I’ve ever done to deserve it. (In case it’s not clear, settlers are not real people. They are my creations. Hence, the comedy. Cue the laugh track.)


If you know me, you probably know how much I hesitate to play the “weak female” card, but, come on. I have the lives of 410 settlers in my hands!


LOST: Anyone else think Locke’s definitely not dead? Anyone else want to toss Ben overboard?

And give it up for the smoke monster. Here here. Hear hear. Watching that guys arm get ripped off certainly made that smoke seem. . . solid.

Also, I am conducting a poll, on the right. It's a Jack vs. Sawyer poll. And to help in your decision, I have picked these educational videos. One is a compilation of Sawyer's nicknames, the other illustrates how funny Jack sounds when he speeds up. Please watch before you vote. This is very serious business.





7 comments:

  1. Oh, I'm a GEEK, no doubt. I can't see videos at work so I will have to remember to get on at home and check. It won't sway my decision though - I'm ALL about Sawyer. The smoke monster? I was seriously peeved they brought that back :) And the ripping of the arm was about the worst scene I have seen on any show in a long time. I suddely felt like I was in a 1960's horror movie - it was so poorly done!

    Did you finish A Great and Terrible Beauty? It's probably not worth it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. did not watch vid's--but must say i am a JACK kinda gal...sawyer is a little too "greasy" (does that make sense?) for my taste! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sawyer, Sawyer, Sawyer, Sawyer, Sawyer, Sawyer, Sawyer, Sawyer, Sawyer, Sawyer, Sawyer, Sawyer, Sawyer, Sawyer, Sawyer, Sawyer, Sawyer, Sawyer, Sawyer, Sawyer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cam- I didn't finish GTB, and I probably won't. I think I'll read the sequel to I'd Tell you I love you, but then I'd have to kill you. And the arm scene- total sci-fi channel special effects...

    Dorien- You HAVE to watch the second video with jack. It is so funny!

    Eden- So, who do you vote for?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry, I haven't seen "Lost," but I have "tagged" you on Rondasrantsandraves.blogspot.com.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Maybe that's why Lost is so confusing for me...I thought all those nicknames Sawyer was throwing out were new characters on the show. This clears up a ton for me.

    ReplyDelete