Monday, February 9, 2009

A KAMAKAZI MOTH... AND YOUR CHANCE FOR A FREE BOOK!


Book Status: The Sherpa has spoken, and revisions are underway. Again.

Suicidal moth status: So I’m making myself my morning hot beverage, just the right ingredients, blended into perfection, and suddenly a kamakazi moth decides there’s no better way to exit this world than to dive into near boiling froth. I hadn’t even taken a sip, when the little suicide bomber crash-landed on the foam, where he spread his wings like an angel, regretted he had but one life to give for his cause, and promptly melted away.
As I stared at the ruined drink, I couldn’t help wondering if this random act of violence was any indication of how my day would be.

Then I got my revision letter from Ted. And I started desperately searching for some boiling liquid into which I could swan-dive.

Just kidding! The revisions are not that bad. And I have no wings, so it couldn’t possibly be as poetic an act as the moth’s. So instead of a graceful exit from this existence, I will just sit at my Little Red (my MacBook for you newbies) and crank out the revisions.

SPECIAL ONE TIME OFFER! ACT FAST!

Okay, so perhaps you have heard of the doom and gloom of the publishing industry at present.

I figure the best reaction is pro-action. (Is that how the saying goes?) The best move is a re-move. Wait, that can’t be right. The best course is a re-course. Whatever. So here’s my big, evil plan. Mwah-ha-ha.

Through my blog, I will gain so many viewers who will buy my book, so the publishers will look at me as a very safe bet. This is where you all play a part.

I currently have 11 followers. (Already enough to guarantee a best-seller, I’m sure).

So, for the next five people that sign up to follow my blog… I will send a brand new book of your choice!! And I would love it if I don’t know you already! (But since chances are slim, it’s okay if I have already made your acquaintance.)

Here’s how it works: sign up to follow my blog using the link at the right. (Or however you do it.) Then go to my website www.brodiashton.com and click on the contact me button, and send me an email with your address and your Young Adult book choice.

And I will send it to you! You have nothing to lose, and everything (well, one book, at least) to gain!

For my current followers, I have not forgotten you! If you want a free book, all you have to do is convince two people to follow my blog, then email me and let me know the two you referred, and I will send you a book as well.

So by the end, I will have doubled my followers (let’s aim for 22, kay?) plus I will have single-handedly rescued the publishers! No Congressional Acts necessary!

Now that’s change we can believe in.

To reiterate, here’s the plan in three simple steps:

1. Gain 22 followers.
2. Take over the world, Pinky and the Brain style.
3. Get my book published.

My next plan of attack will involve figuring out what the heck a Twitter is, and how it is fundamentally different from a Tweet.

If this doesn’t work, I will dive into hot lava. I would really like to postpone this move, since it would probably be my last, so let’s all cross our fingers that option #1 works.

Tweet y’all later!
Tweety out.

(Am I tweeting right?)

7 comments:

  1. Yay! We have our first book winner! Heather, email me at brosam@gmail.com with your book choice and your address. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahhhhhhhhhhhh! off to recruit someone fast! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Three books so far... but unlimited recruiting potential! (remember, recruit two newbies, and you get a book!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay, so you new followers have to email me with your book choices: brosam@gmail.com.

    And I'll extend it to three more new followers, so get following!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay, so I must be doing something wrong, because I can't figure out how to "follow" your blog. Help?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ronda- It looks like you figured out the whole following thing. Welcome! Email me your book choice! brosam@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. First of all, way to spoil a good cup of pero! Curse that moth! However, I hope the moth was able to gracefully fly out of the pero to live a long and healthy life with it's moth mates.

    ReplyDelete